Orange Dream

Posted by Fret Wire on

Builder: Jarrod

Comments: 

This is the singlecut 12 string kit. I used Keda powder dyes, mixed with water, for my stain. I mixed up red and yellow to get the orange I liked. Instead of using black or brown to highlight the flame, I applied the orange color, let it dry , then lightly sanded it back.

Then I reapplied the orange to the entire face. I took straight red and added it around the edge, then took straight yellow and applied it over the entire face. I continued blending the red, yellow and orange until I was happy with the color.

The back, neck and headstock were stained with Minwax Early American stain.

I applied my logo to the headstock then applied 15 coats of Rustoleum clear Lacquer over the entire guitar.

I sanded with 1000 grit sandpaper between every third coat of lacquer. Once I was happy with the amount of coats, I started final sanding starting at 2000 grit , then 3000,7000,8000,10000,12000,15000 grit sandpaper, Maguires polish and finally Maguires wax.

I upgraded the pickups with Dragon fire pickups and wire harness with pots and toggle switch. I’m really happy with the way it turned out.👍😁

Link: Find Singlecut 12 String Build here